With generous support from the Lamont-Doherty Core Repository in the 21st Century - A Hyperwall for Public Education and Professional Training initiative and from the Advisory Board of Innovation, the Core Repository is proud to present the new Visualization Wall.
The Hyperwall is a 3 x 2 array of six 30" Ultrasharp (2560x1600) Dell Monitors powered by a MacPro configured with 12 Intel Xeon cores at 3.06Ghz, 64GB of RAM, and dual high-performance ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphic cards.
Visualization Wall Resources
- NASA Scientific Visualization Studio -offer a wide spectrum of scientific visualizations ranging from annual global ocean current circulation to solar coronal mass ejections.
- Videos are available in 8K, 4K, 1080, 720, 480 formats. Note - 8K and 4K video must be compiled from the raw video frames using a video editing software
- CoreWall - CoreWall is a real-time stratigraphic correlation, core description, and data visualization system used by the marine, terrestrial, and Antarctic science communities.
- Corelyzer is a scalable, extensible visualization tool developed to enhance the study of geological cores.
- Correlator is used to create composite and spliced stratigraphic sections from multiple cores for core-core and core-log integration.
- CoreNavigator is a 3D visual indexer of complex core-stratigraphic sedimentary datasets and databases.