With generous support from the Lamont-Doherty Core Repository in the 21st Century - A Hyperwall for Public Education and Professional Training initiative and from the Advisory Board of Innovation, the Core Repository is proud to present the new Visualization Wall.
The Hyperwall is a 3 x 2 array of six 30" Ultrasharp (2560x1600) Dell Monitors powered by a MacPro configured with 12 Intel Xeon cores at 3.06Ghz, 64GB of RAM, and dual high-performance ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphic cards.
Visualization Wall Resources
- NASA Scientific Visualization Studio - offers a wide spectrum of scientific visualizations ranging from annual global ocean current circulation to solar coronal mass ejections.
- Videos are available in 8K, 4K, 1080, 720, 480 formats. Note - 8K and 4K video must be compiled from the raw video frames using a video editing software
- Short selection of galleries and videos featured on our Hyperwall
- Climate Essentials - Five-Year Global Temperature Anomalies from 1880 to 2012, Drought 2010-2012, Antarctic Ice Loss 2003-2013
- The Ocean - Perpetual Ocean, Gulf Stream Sea Surface Currents and Temperatures, Thermohaline Circulation on a Flat Map, NOAA Visualization of Japanese Tsunami 2011
- The Land - Amazon Deforestation, Las Vegas 1972-2013, Seeing Photosynthesis From Space
- The Atmosphere - Monthly Aerosol Particle Radius (Aqua/MODIS), Aqua/AIRS Carbon Dioxide with Mauna Loa Carbon Dioxide Overlaid
- The Polar Regions - Antarctic Bedrock, Sea Ice Yearly Minimum 1979-2013 (SSMI data) with Graph, Daily Arctic Sea Ice during Aug & Sept 2012
- The Sun - Sun Emits a Solstice CME, Gradient Sun, Van Gogh Sun, Transit of Venus
- CoreWall - CoreWall is a real-time stratigraphic correlation, core description, and data visualization system used by the marine, terrestrial, and Antarctic science communities.
- Corelyzer is a scalable, extensible visualization tool developed to enhance the study of geological cores.
- Correlator is used to create composite and spliced stratigraphic sections from multiple cores for core-core and core-log integration.
- CoreNavigator is a 3D visual indexer of complex core-stratigraphic sedimentary datasets and databases.