*** This page is under development ***
WOCE tritium and helium isotope sampling and measurement procedures
Measuring Helium Isotopes and Tritium in Seawater Samples by Jenkins et al.
Detailed information on the techniques used by the individual laboratories:
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Jenkins, W.J., Lott, D.E., Birdwhistell, S.P., Davis, M.W., and Matthewson, M.O., 1991. Measuring helium isotopes and tritium in seawater samples. WOCE Hydrographic operations and methods. WOCE Operations Manual. volume 3, part 3.1.3. WHP operations and methods. WHP Office Report WHPO-91-1, WOCE report no. 68/69.
- Lott, D.E. and W.J. Jenkins. 1984. An automated cryogenic charcoal trap system for helium isotope mass spectrometry. Rev. Sci. Instr., 55(12), 1982-1988.
- Lott, D.E. and W.J. Jenkins. 1998. Advances in analysis and shipboard processing of tritium and helium samples. Intl.WOCE Newsletter, 30, 27-30.