We (Vitaly I. Khalturin, Tatyana G. Rautian and Paul G. Richards) prepared this document as an electronic supplement to our paper
A STUDY OF SMALL MAGNITUDE SEISMIC EVENTS DURING 1961 -- 1989 ON AND NEAR THE SEMIPALATINSK TEST SITE, KAZAKHSTAN
published in Pure and Applied Geophysics, volume 158, pages 143--171, 2001.
We worked on this paper for about seven years.
Our electronic supplement is in nine parts, with details on:
- the Semipalatinsk Test Site (STS) boundaries,
- statistics of the Soviet test program (emphasizing underground tests, and STS),
- basic information on all 340 underground nuclear tests at STS,
- ground truth information on the location of shafts and tunnels at the Balapan,
- Degelen, and
- Murzhik subareas of STS,
- the distribution of origin times at STS,
- chemical explosions at STS, and
- a series of 31 kiloton-sized chemical explosions in Uzbekistan.
[go back to memorial pages for Vitaly Khalturin]