This note is to announce that the
20th international Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes (FRISP)
will take place at
the British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, U.K.
21-22 June 2006.
Further details of the meeting, including
instructions for registration will follow shortly.
We welcome presentations on all aspects of ice
shelf research, including, but not limited to:
· formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves;
· response of ice shelves to past, present and future climate variability;
· surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves;
· mass transport across the grounding line;
· ocean circulation and water transformation beneath ice shelves;
· impact of ice shelves on the global ocean;
· ice shelves of Greenland;
· climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves;
· iceberg drift, melting, and decay.
Further information about FRISP, including
reports from previous workshops can be found at
Please feel free to forward this message to
interested parties who are not included on the mailing list.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cambridge in June.
British Antarctic Survey,
High Cross, Madingley Road,
Cambridge, CB3 0ET, U.K.