U.S. GEOTRACES contributes to the mission of the GEOTRACES program, an international study of the marine biogeochemical cycles of trace elements and their isotopes. The mission, derived from the SCIENCE PLAN, is:
to identify process and quantify fluxes that control the distributions of the key trace elements and isotopes in the ocean, and to establish the sensitivity of these distributions to changing environmental conditions.
- U.S. Arctic Letters of Intent
- NEW downloads on the Documents to Aid in Proposal Preparation webpage:
- The US GEOTRACES Guidelines for participating in the Arctic sections
- Priorities for parameters to be measured on Arctic section
- Management proposal
- Standards and reference materials
U.S. GEOTRACES appreciates and acknowledges:
(1) the sponsorship of SCOR (Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research); and
(2) the funding for the construction and maintenance of the U.S. GEOTRACES website
from NSF (U.S. National Science Foundation).*
*Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this website’s material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.