Biology & Paleo Environment Events
For upcoming seminars, see our calendar here.
Our new seminar day and time: Mondays at 12 pm, Comer Seminar Room
"Improving tropical paleoclimate interpretations by monitoring modern water isotopes"
- SPECIAL SEMINAR: Wednesday August 27th @ 11:00 am, Comer Seminar Room, Dr. Fulvio Boatta, University of Palermo. Visiting scientist at LDEO. Host: Joaquim Goes
- Monday September 8, 12 pm: Dr. Chris Brierley, UCL. "Pliocene Tropical Dynamics." Host: Peter deMenocal.
- Monday September 15, 12 pm: Jessica Moerman, PhD Student at Georgia Tech, "Improving tropical paleoclimate interpretations by monitoring modern water isotopes". Host: Maureen Raymo
- Monday September 22, 12 pm: Sloan Coats, PhD Candidate LDEO
- Monday September 29, 12 pm: Dr. Natalie Burls, Postdoctoral Associate, Yale, "A cloud albedo control on ocean temperature gradients and implications for early Pliocene warmth". Host: Heather Ford
- Monday October 6, 12 pm: Carly Buchwald, WHOI. Host: Kim Popendorf
- Monday October 13, 12 pm: Dr. Liz Corbett, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, LDEO. Host: Dorothy Peteet
- Monday October 20, 12 pm: Dr. Tammo Reichgelt, University of Otago, New Zealand, "Seasonal climatic gradients of Early Miocene New Zealand". Host: Billy d'Andrea
- Monday October 27, 12 pm: Dr. Paola Moffa Sanchez, Rutgers University. Host: Billy d'Andrea
Additional talks can be seen on the