My research incorporates glacial geoology and cosmogenic geochronology methods to reconstruct late-Quaternary and Holocene climate behaviour. Specific interests include palaeoclimate of the tropical Andes, causes of late-glacial abrupt climate events, and the future evolution of tropical glaciers and hydrology. My work also concerns past, present, and future stability of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, as well as palaeoclimate-archaeologic links in the high Andes.
Current projects include:
- Timing and structure of the last glacial maximum and termination in southern Peru
- Late-glacial chronology of the Loch Lomond ice cap, Scotland
- Modelling the contribution of tropical glaciers to local hydrology
- Geologic constraint of ice-sheet thickness in the Ross Sea at the last glacial maximum
- The role of deglaciation in volcanism