- Southern Ocean GAS Ex - CO2 Gas Exchange Experiment; Southern Ocean, Atlantic Sector ( details )
- ON DEQUE - The control of photosynthetic quantum yield of phytoplankton by light intensity and diapycnal nutrient flux
- WP2 - Prochlorococcus genetic and physiological diversity in the Western Pacific Warm Pool ( details )
- EUCFe - Source of iron in the Equatorial Undercurrent ( details )
- SOFeX - Southern Ocean mesoscale in situ iron addition experiments ( details )
My field of research is biological and biogeochemical oceanography. I study primary productivity, photosynthetic efficiency and assemblages of phytoplankton in response to light, major nutrient and micronutrient (iron) availability in the ocean. Phytoplankton play a key role in the ocean carbon cycle and are therefore a critical area of study to understand the effects of global climate change. I have worked in a variety of ocean ecosystems including the Southern Ocean, the Western and Equatorial Pacific, the Sargasso Sea, the coastal California upwelling region, and others.
Some of my projects include: