Design Software (for OS X):
- Schematic Capture and board layout: Design Works
- Schematic Capture and board layout: Eagle (it took a while, but arrived!)
- Block diagrams and flow charts: Omnigraffle
Embedded processors and interfaces (from boxes to processors):
Positioning systems hardware
- Applanix Position and Orientation system (POS/MV) for Marine Vehicles. Applanix was bought by Trimble in 2003 but continues to operate independently. We have installed several, including on the Ewing, Thompson, Knorr and Healy.
- Trimble Ag132 differential GPS receiver. It was designed for agricultural applications but it works well for us too. A robust, well packaged differential GPS receiver. We have (at least) three at Lamont where they are used for precision navigation across a broad range of shipboard, estuary and land applications. We used one with Omnistar satellite differential corrections to support our DP drilling effort on the Knorr.
- Xemics GPS module for embedded systems
- Trimble Lassen SQ GPS module and Lassen SKII GPS circuit board
Positioning systems software
Hardware (interfaces, modules, development boards, interfaces):
- ZWorld Ethernet development module
- TI MSP430 TCP430 reference model implemented by Soft Baugh
- USB interfaces, acquisiton modules, etc at Saelig Inc.
- Ethernet to serial and synchro interfaces at BBG
Wireless Mesh Networking:
Updated: January 10, 2004