Kim Anne Kastens: Curricula Vitae
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000
Palisades, New York 10964
Personal and Education:
- 1954: Born, Menlo Park, California
- 1975: B.A. in Geology and Geophysics, Yale University.
- 1981: Ph.D. in Oceanography, Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
- 1992-present: Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth & Environmental (formerly "Geological") Sciences, Columbia University. (1992-1993: Adjunct Associate Professor; 1993-present: Adjunct Full Professor.)
- 1981-present: Scientist, Lamont-Doherty Earth (formerly "Geological") Observatory of Columbia University. (1981-1988: Associate Research Scientist; 1988-1991: Research Scientist; 1991-1999: Senior Research Scientist; 1999-2010: Doherty Senior Research Scientist; 2010-present: Lamont Research Professor.)
- 1987 (fall): Visiting Reader, Department of Earth Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1986-1987: Visiting Lecturer, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University.
- 1976-1981: Research and Teaching Assistant, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego.
- 1975-1976: Geological Technician, Marine Science Research Center, S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook.
- 1975(summer): Research and Teaching Assistant, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University.
- 1974(summer): Summer Research Assistant, Department of Geology, Colgate University.