Division : SGT 214A
Office phone #: (845) 365-8749
the latest EQs:
Research Interests Overview
Physical and chemical processes that govern the dynamics of planetary interiors likely occur at all scale lengths. The multi-scaled layering and heterogeneities hold important clues on a planet’s compositional, thermal, and dynamical state, as well as its evolution. I am interested in using seismic waves to learn about these structures, like heterogeneities and seismic discontinuities, which can help to resolve material properties; I am especially interested in pushing resolution to shorter vertical and lateral scales. Thus most of my research has centered on the array approach, both with traditional small aperture seismic arrays and also with large seismic networks. My work has utilized both broadband and high frequency data, and P, SV, and SH data.
Observed data provides information for us to understand the nature. It's extremely important to decipher the data in the reasonble and different ways without making fictitious information. I'm especially interested in exploring different methods and building techniques to derive more coherent information which might hide in the noise from data , not only in seismology but also in geochemistry.
- Boday-wave attenuation imaing across the northwestern margin of the Colorado Plateau (2012-present)
- Further constraints and uncertainties on the deep seismic structure of the Moon ( 2011- 2012)
- Investigate the upper mantle discontinuities using the underside reflections for the seismic phase P'P' (2010– present)
- A Seismic search for the lunar core (2009- 2010)
- Spatial and temporal temperature variation between hot springs in Yellowstone. (2009- present)
- DUDE: Discovery Using Ducttape Excessively (2009)
- Nutrient experiment in hot springs in Yellowstone National Park (2008)
- Statistical analysis of ESI-MS dissloved organic data from hot springs in Yellowstone National Park(2007)
- Fine scale P-wave structure of the Upper Mantle Discontinuities using array seismology (2007- 2012)