– Review and recommend improvements to policies, procedures, and facilities pertaining to the general quality of daily life for all staff members on the Lamont Campus, including:
- Integration of new staff members into the campus community;
- Campus infrastructure such as roads, parking facilities, and transportation;
- Use, availability, and accessibility of residential accommodation on and off campus;
- Food services;
- Campus facilities for the care of children;
- Social, cultural, and sports activities and facilities available for students and staff on campus; and
- Other matters related to general working conditions as may arise.
– Solicit broad input from the campus community on these matters.
– Provide input to campus development or other planning activities as may be requested by the Directors of the Campus Units.
– Work closely with other campus committees, including the Laboratory Safety Committee.
– Recommend establishment of ad hoc committees as needed.
– Generate an annual report by the end of March that summarizes
a. prioritized recommendations,
b. implementation strategies, and
c. estimated costs for quality-of-life
– Recommend new members and chair of the committee as terms end.
Directors of Lamont Campus Units. Policy issues as necessary will be brought forward to the Executive Committee.
Membership of the committee should reflect the demographics of the Lamont Campus community, e.g., ensuring representation from the student body, junior and senior scientists, and members of the research/technical, administrative, and facilities staff.
Chair: Linda Pistolesi - CIESIN
- Anna Varjian, Administration
- Mukund Palat Rao, Biology and Paleo Environment
- Monica Hinojosa, Yasmin Yabyabin, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Jennifer Lamp, Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Geochemistry
- Weston Anderson, Colleen Baublitz, Lorelei Curtin - Graduate Student Committee
- Jeffrey Turmelle, IRI
- Nicholas Frearson, Marine Geology and Geophysics
- Angela Martin, Marine/Large Programs, Borehole
- Pierre Dutrieux, Ocean and Climate Physics
- Christine McCarthy, Seismology, Geology and Tectonophysics
- Kuheli Dutt, Assistant Director of Academic Affairs and Diversity (ex officio)
- Patrick O'Reilly, Assistant Director of Facilities (ex officio)
Membership term is for two years. The chair is appointed for two years but may remain an ex-officio member of the committee for a third year.