- LDEO Executive Committee (ExCom): This committee deals with all policy and programmatic issues associated with future directions of the Observatory. For more details click here.
- LDEO Promotions & Careers Subcommittee (P&C): This committee assesses the present research performance of the Observatory. For details click here.
- LDEO Postdoctoral Fellowship Committee: This committee selects the top candidates for the LDEO Postdoctoral Fellowships. For more details click here.
- LDEO Associate Directors Council (ADC): This group deals with the day to day management of the Observatory and provides counsel to the Director.
- LDEO Annual Performance Review: This committee assesses the performance of the scientific staff and recommends merit-based salary increases
- LDEO Excellence in Mentoring Award: This award recognizes a member of the Lamont research staff for mentoring of juniors. For details go to Excellence in Mentoring Award
- Lamont Campus Life Committee: This committee reviews and recommends improvements to policies, procedures and facilities pertaining to the general quality of life on the Lamont Campus.
- Search committees for Officers of Research: These groups make decisions pertaining to hiring new research staff at LDEO. The Office of Academic Affairs & Diversity provides guidelines and support to these committees. For more details go to Search Committees
- Ad-Hoc committees (equivalent of tenure-review) for senior staff appointments at LDEO.
Dr. Kuheli Dutt is the Assistant Director for Academic Affairs and Diversity at Lamont, and serves as Lamont's Diversity Officer. Dr. Dutt has a PhD in public policy, and extensive experience developing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and initiatives. Her research focuses on STEM diversity issues, with a focus on implicit bias, including gender bias, racial bias, and LGBTQ+ awareness. Her articles on Race and Racism in the Geosciences and Gender Differences in Recommendation Letters for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Geoscience were published in Nature Geoscience. Her book, Women in the Geosciences was published by the American Geophysical Union (AGU), and her op-ed on How Implicit Bias and Lack of Diversity Undermine Science was published in Scientific American. Dr. Dutt was also a co-author for an A Guide to Inclusive Scientific Meetings led by 500 Women Scientists. Dr. Dutt was also a co-author for an article in a special edition of The Lancet on Women in Science.
Dr. Dutt’s work has been featured in various media venues including: NPR Science Friday; New York Times; Huffington Post; Scientific American; Clear+Vivid with Alan Alda; Nature; Science; Eos (AGU); Inside Higher Ed; Physics World; Ars Technica; The Verge; Smithsonian; El Español; Time; Fortune; and others. Dr. Dutt has presented to national and international audiences on STEM diversity and implicit bias, and serves on the International Advisory Board for Gender Equality at the University of Southern Denmark. Dr. Dutt also serves on the Columbia University Senate Commission on the Status of Women; and the Columbia University Task Force on Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Dr. Dutt has served on several panels, committees, and workshops including Geological Society of America, American Geophysical Union, National Science Foundation, Association of Women in Science, and Aspen Global Change Institute.
Dr. Dutt participates in the following areas of leadership at Lamont:
Referenced in the Following News Items:
Featured in the Following Videos: