Preliminary Results: Iceland B96 Project
William Menke, Mike West, Bryndis Brandsdottir and Dave Sparks
Fig. 1. Godafos, a waterfall in Bardardalur (valley), Iceland.
Draft Research Notes
- Introduction and description of experiment.
- Part 1: The shallow compressional velocity structure along Bardardalur, determined
from traveltimes of shots to the north and south.
- Part 2: The regional crustal thickness, compressional and
shear velocity structure, determined from traveltimes of microearthquakes.
- Part 3: Compressional velocity anomalies in the mid crust beneath the
northern neovolcanic zone determined from a fan shot in
- Part 4: Summary of crustal measurements in Iceland.