SEQRA & the Public
List of Terms
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Resources to help with your planning!
- The Lower Hudson Valley released a Regional Sustainability Plan for our area. Land use and transportation, energy and water management, open space, agriculture, climate change mitigation are primary topics in their review. The Report Executive Summaryand full report are an excellent review of the same concerns you are considering in your community.
- The Regional Planning Association released a report on climate impact concerns in planning for the Tri-State Area. Excellent graphics, regional maps and written summary of impacts.
- The Piermont Waterfront Resilience Task Force Report focusing on how to improve the resilience of the waterfront after the Storm Surge impacts from Super Storm Sandy.
- The National Climate Assessment report. An interactive, readable report viewable by region or topic, and filled with graphics, metrics and downloadable charts about U.S. climate.
- The Polar Explorer: Sea Level App, a free downloadable map based iOS app for ipads and iphones, filled with sea level causes, impacts and vulnerable regions
- Learn about a local Bus Rapid Transit project. New York City BRT - full article
- How can cities go car free? Check out examples. Cities Going Car Free
- 10 Sustainable Architectural Designs
- Link to Ted Talks on Planning & Transit
- Encouraging Transit Oriented Development - With the New Bridge and the promised busing improvements are there ways to encourage people out of their cars? An excellent resource on encouraging people out of their cars and into mass transit check out these two short (less than 5 minute) videos from EMBARQ.