SEQRA & the Public
List of Terms
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
The Hudson River played a key role in the development of many towns & villages along its length and in the ...
- Transportation of goods and products from Albany to New York City
- Defense of the colonies during the American Revolution
- Movement of people throughout the valley
- Providing power for mills
- Food for the settlers
Some areas of the river have/had unique resources or better access than others. Be sure to consider the unique resources of your study area and consider these questions:
- What has attracted people to your area?
- Do you think the river plays as important a role today in the community as it did in the past? Will your proposed project connect to any part of the Hudson River, or its past?
- How have businesses in your community made use of the river in the past?
- What is the current community like in your area?
- What do you think is special or unique that should be maintained or enhanced in your community?
- What are the problems that need to be addressed?
- Can you think of a past industry that managed to balance economic improvement, environmental protection, and community focus?
- What are the major businesses in your community? If one of these business were to leave the community how would this affect other local business?