Proposed Flight Plans
Deep Ice Radar [DICE] - Built in-house.
- Center Frequency: 188MHz; Bandwidth: 60MHz.
- Pulsed system with Pulse Lengths of up to 10uS and a Pulse Repetition Rate of up to 10KHz.
- Peak power in the pulse = 800W per channel, 2 channels with average power over the pulse repetition interval < 70W.
- Survey elevation above ground: >500m.
Shallow Ice Radar [SIR] - Built in-house.
- Centre Frequency: 2GHz. Bandwidth: 600MHz.
- This is a continuous wave system with an output Power: <20W.
- Survey elevation above ground: >500m
Scanning laser - Riegl VQ580
- Wavelength: 1064nm [Infra-red].
- This is a class 3b laser and is eye safe at 100ft. There is a safety interlock, and is only turned on after the aircraft is airborne and well above 100ft.
Visible Wave Color Camera - Imperx Bobcat camera [29Mpixels 6600 x 4400]
- Records images of the surface for photogrammetric purposes.
Infrared Camera - Sofradir IRE640 [640 x 480 pixels]
- Measures fine-scale changes in surface temperature.
Pyrometer - Heitronics KT15
- Measures the sky temperature for use with the Infra-Red camera.
GNSS Receiver - Novatel SPAN SE
- Records the spatial position of the pod and sensors.
Inertial measurement unit - Litton LN200 [IMU]
- Records the pitch, roll and yaw of the pod and sensors.